The Maker’s Atelier complies with the UK Data Protection Act 1998, as amended. You may enquire and view the personal data that we hold on you for a nominal administration charge by contacting us at:
The Maker’s Atelier Ltd.
PO Box 5407
The Maker’s Atelier values its customers and respects their privacy. Any information about you is held with the utmost care and security. Your visit to our website and use of any of the services or features we provide is subject to our terms and conditions. You can at any time change and update the information you have provided by logging into ‘My Account‘.
When you set up an account with us or place an order we will ask for your contact details, such as your email and postal / billing addresses and telephone numbers and other relevant information.
How we use your information
The information you give us is necessary to:
- enable us to process and fulfil your order and make sure it is delivered correctly;
- to notify you of the status of your orders;
- to maintain your account;
- to answer any questions you have about our website or products.
If you agree, we may also use your information for the purposes of keeping you informed about our products, offers and events (see Direct Marketing below) and to facilitate your uses of the website (see Cookies below).
We want to keep you up to date with our latest products, promotional offers and events. If you have agreed when you registered, we can inform you about these and other services and events etc. You can also choose when registering whether to accept this service. We do not pass on your personal details to other companies or individuals for their marketing purposes.
From time to time we may retain the services of other carefully selected and monitored companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the successful operation and continuous improvement of this website. Examples of these functions would include the processing of data to process your order and maintain your account including the authorization and validation of credit or debit card transactions, the provision of delivery services, the analysis of data, etc. These companies may be provided with access to your personal details in order to fulfil their main function but we will contractually restrict them from using such information for any other purpose.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data in strictest confidence to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets on the same terms and conditions as herein;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.